What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Looking to see what you guys think my engine is putting down for power. Here are some specs for the engine let me know if you need anything else.

F block j Heads
Comp Cams extreme energy cam----- grind number XR290HR
Edelbrock Air gap intake,
Holley 600 street/strip carb------80457-7
Hooker Supercomp headers,
Roller tip rockers, Hardened push rods------ comp cam

I know it needs a bigger carb but not sure exactly to put on it..... I also know that the j heads are a big down fall from what i have read. Ive heard C heads are way better, but what do you guys think?

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You can download a cam selection program off of comp cams website. This program will show you what kind of HP you are making with a comp cam. It is one you download, not the flash type one they have. It is called camquest. You can even input your own head flow numbers. I am sure it is optimistic since they are using it to sell their cams but it has to be ball park atleast.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Also large valve C heads are about the best factory heads you can get.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
edelbrock heads, best bang for your buck right there. I would throw a 750 cfm holley on it, i dont think a 600 is good enough.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Minion1186 said:
edelbrock heads, best bang for your buck right there. I would throw a 750 cfm holley on it, i dont think a 600 is good enough.

would the mechanical fuel pump beable to keep up?

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
Is the pump stock oem? or aftermarket? I'm not sure to be honest but if you ever need a high flow fuel pump then there's many oldsmobile performance places that sell them. I have a 150 GPH mechanical pump that i bought for $30 off ebay, works great and has great fuel pressure.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
well it doesn't look stock havn't really checked out the fuel system yet. only thing i can tell is that there is one inlet and two outlets, i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor