What does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Good trade? My '79 El Camino for this '86 Cutlass? Rebuilt v8 and transmission.

Attachments

• cutlass.jpg
    cutlass.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 340
i like the cutlass but its your choice

thats a nice cutlass id go for it if i was in your situation. i actually bought my car cause we had a kid on the way, and i really wanted another g body,hadnt had one in 3 months, i go into withdrawls without one. especially go for it if it has buckets, it makes it alot easier takin the car seat in and out, i joked about this in another thread but really it makes it much easier.

But the Cutlass is just soooo '80's! I'm joking. I've never owned one of these Cutlass', so I might do it. The guy says it has a v8, so I'm thinking 307. I'm still gonna build a 383, I'll just stuff it in this! The baby will love the torque!

i had an 84 cutlass before the monte. i really liked my cutlass but living up here in ct cars rot out quick and for some reason people dont seem to take care of em. so it had to go, stripped off what i had into it, that thing was rotted out real bad door skins were flappin, windows werent working stuck down, no heater box. i drove it through a winter and a half like that, and somthin told me it had to go. then i bought a roted beater geo tracker, i was gonna fix up into a little wheeler, then my fiance was suddenly pregnant. so that had to go. needed somthin bigger and believe it or not safer, found the monte at swap meet, didnt even know if it ran and she said buy it. so i did, best thing i ever did. this car has been the most reliable vehicle ive ever had, and its pretty clean for around here to. lots of people think once you have a baby you cant have fun anymore, and need newer family oriented cars. my theory is well this what people used to buy new, and probably hauled there family in them to, so why cant i 20+ years later. im just sayin if anyone ever gives you sh*t for have a bad *ss old car during parenthood, dont let it get to you. just figured id share this cause some people buy into modern bs, even though you seem pretty sturdy in your decision to keep with a g body. by the way my son is always the calmest when hes either riding in my car even with the fairly loud exhaust, or he can hear it, seems to calm him down works wonders. sorry if i got of topic but i just want to say good luck to you man

I say go for it, after a thorough examination. That Cutlass looks super clean though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor