What headers to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooler26

Apprentice
Aug 12, 2007
SBC in GBody with Manual trans. Stock mechanical linkage. Whats headers to use that will not interfere with linkage?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am not sure, but the Edelbrock TES headers would probably work. They are shorties with a factory type Y pipe. I have them with an automatic and they have provisions for everything, so I think they will work. However, I have never seen the manual linkage in person so I am not sure. You can also look at the header catalogs for a 1978 or 79 model Malibu with a 305 and see what the manufacturers say fit. Most header companies will have listings for the options that will and will not work with their products

7d8ss

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2007
Lexington, Ohio
Hooker Comps, P/N 2451 work fine in my 4 speed 78 Elcamino. Don't know if they'll work in any other G body tho.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yes 100% the TES will work. The ones I have now were used for 3months on an '86 SS with a 4 speed. They were removed and replaced with a full length headers when he upgraded to a hydraulic clutch setup and a zz motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor