What to do about my stock ECU

SwggMsthh

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2022
My Malibu is undergoing an overhaul due to blown head and valve cover gaskets, and I’d like some input on what to do about my stock ECU. My plan is to go all motor with my build with no AC/heater with the exception of power steering. This includes non EGR intake, new carb, headers, and new ignition set up as well.

As of now I’ve removed my AC/Heater box, emissions control system, and unhooked the harness in the engine bay.

Considering what I want to do to the engine, and how much I’ve already deleted, what do yall recommend I do about the ECU? Should I buy a new engine management system or modify my harness for the components I’d only need?

PS; this is my first ever build and am a novice to the car/engine building community. But I’m very dedicated though. I have a Haynes repair manual that’s helped me identify and navigate through parts and wiring.

Attachments

• IMG_9001.jpeg
    IMG_9001.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9006.jpeg
    IMG_9006.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9012.jpeg
    IMG_9012.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9018.jpeg
    IMG_9018.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 3

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor