wheel help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DETROITBOY27

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
houston tx
I want to put bags on my ride. But nothing too serious. No c notches. no dropped spindles. This is a daily driver I have no idea on what size rims to go with. I'm not into a 13 inch wheels w/ spokes. I want to keep the muscle car, hot rod look. I know I can run up to a 17, but I don't know what size tire or back spacing i need to look for. Discount tire was no help, nor was tire rack, and cardomain. Please help. I have been all over the net the last 2 days trying to find this info for wheels on a bagged g body

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
DETROITBOY27 said:
I want to put bags on my ride. But nothing too serious. No c notches. no dropped spindles. This is a daily driver I have no idea on what size rims to go with. I'm not into a 13 inch wheels w/ spokes. I want to keep the muscle car, hot rod look. I know I can run up to a 17, but I don't know what size tire or back spacing i need to look for. Discount tire was no help, nor was tire rack, and cardomain. Please help. I have been all over the net the last 2 days trying to find this info for wheels on a bagged g body
If you want the old school Hotrod look I wouldn't get ant bigger than a 15 x 8 wheel and a 275 x 60 x 15 tire in the rear.

DETROITBOY27

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
houston tx
i decided to go with some centerline billet wheels, i believe the backspacing is 3 n 3/4. I'm getting some 215/45 FRONT AND 225/45 rears. I also got a 1/2 bag kit with 8 valves from vt kustoms which should be here tomorrow. wohooo

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
DETROITBOY27 said:
i decided to go with some centerline billet wheels, i believe the backspacing is 3 n 3/4. I'm getting some 215/45 FRONT AND 225/45 rears. I also got a 1/2 bag kit with 8 valves from vt kustoms which should be here tomorrow. wohooo

Sounds cool! Make sure you put some pictures on here when you have the wheels mounted. W@e would love to see what they look like. Good luck!

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
215/45s and 225/45s are awefully short and may cause problems. They are also very small and don't fill out the wheelwells. Kind of like the 13s you talked about only more rim and less tire sidewall and a similar total tire height. 245/45/17s & 275/40/17s on back is a well proven look & fit.

DETROITBOY27

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2008
houston tx
i'm not to worried about the tires, they are what is coming on the rims. I got an awsome deal on the rim and tire combo and if i need to pitch the tires i will. I'll get some pics up when i get the rims [/img]

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i am running 245 40 17 tires and they fil the wheel well plenty, i have full front back side to side air ride with no notches or drop spindles. back will tuck the lip of the rim but the fronts rub, i think it is due to the offset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor