Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Another one to try would be a set of the 16x8s from an '00 or so S-10 Xtreme. They should be the same backspacing as the later model S-10 ZQ8 wheels (since they were used on the same basic truck). Just a thought. I've seen them used on a couple late-model Montes and they look pretty neat.

One more idea, also from an S-10, would be to use a set of the 'base' model steel wheels from a late model 2wd S-10, the ones with the little triangular slots and black center cap. I had a set of those on my '84 SS for awhile. They're 15x7" I think, but I had mine widened to 8" in the rear for a kind of 'big 'n' little' look. You would be surprised how many people asked me where I got those 'cool wheels' and couldn't believe it when I told them they come stock on all base model 2wd S-10s!

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Another one to try would be a set of the 16x8s from an '00 or so S-10 Xtreme. They should be the same backspacing as the later model S-10 ZQ8 wheels (since they were used on the same basic truck). Just a thought. I've seen them used on a couple late-model Montes and they look pretty neat.

One more idea, also from an S-10, would be to use a set of the 'base' model steel wheels from a late model 2wd S-10, the ones with the little triangular slots and black center cap. I had a set of those on my '84 SS for awhile. They're 15x7" I think, but I had mine widened to 8" in the rear for a kind of 'big 'n' little' look. You would be surprised how many people asked me where I got those 'cool wheels' and couldn't believe it when I told them they come stock on all base model 2wd S-10s!

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I like the ZQ8 wheels on there alot more than I though I would. I am not a HUGE fan of the stock Monte SS wheels, partly perhaps because everyone else seems to keep them. Here I am though with my black steel rallys so what do I know.

I'm sure it'll look cool with whatever you go with, especially after dropping it.

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
I actually dig the stock wheels better than the others on your car.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the thoughts guys :)

I like the extreme wheels, but don't care for the fake bolts on the centrecaps - the wider lip is nice though.

I am looking at just using the ZQ8's for a change now and then, but I think overall I do prefer the look of the stock wheels. Once its dropped I think it will look pretty sharp.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
For sure. They'll look great once you set the car down around them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor