EL CAMINO Where do you guys put Dynamat on your doors? inside of panel? Inside of actual door? Some other place?

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Not to hijack the thread, but living in the northeast I do oil coating in the doors. Does the oil affect the Dynamat sticking after it’s applied to the clean surface?
if you have Dynamat inside the door why would you need oil coating? that surface is now "sealed"

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
I don't use it its expensive...and come time to fix the door with metalwork a very negative addition....I've grown accustomed to easing that latch together slow . Actually the whole cars a tin can and should you get to comfortable I shouldn't say never..

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I covered my floor and put some in my door panels. (Well the driver’s door. I’ll put some in the passenger door the next time the panel is off.) This picture was just before the whole floor was done.

1701219173860.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Dynamat is for sound deadening and the foil can act as a radiant barrier against heat. It doesn't take much Dynamat to deaden a panel. Beyond that, there are better and lighter materials for sound insulation which it sounds like you are after.
Exactly. Dynamat, KilMat, or the cheap tar-based stuff from Lowe's is used to stop vibration and it does so by adding density to the panel. Heavy jute padding is best for sound deadening, and the foil covered bubble wrap type of heat barrier seems to work well, especially when combined with a thin layer of foam. You can add ceramic beads to truck bed liner, latex paint, Lizard Skin, or rubberized undercoating as an alternative option.

Each of these products achieves multiple things to varying degrees, but only truly excels at one.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor