whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiguy109

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2011
now as i run through parts yard after parts yard and can never seem to find anything for my 84 regal i find my self back on the net buying some high price s*#@ now i got my house bout 8 months ago and i noticed a couple GBodies across the street so everytime i come over i notice the cars never move so after a couple months its eating me up i finally go to the door its a lil old lady she say the cars belonged to her grandson bfore he was killed and that they didnt want to sell them and they just sit there and they yard faces my front door so everytime i walk out i get mad[/img] :rofl: /img]

Re: whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????????????????????????

You gotta search outside of the city. Every now & then the junkyard on North Ave (across from Wal-mart) has a few g-bodies. I find all my stuff in Wisconsin, Indiana, or the south burbs. Hit up craigslist and search too.

That sh*t drives me nuts! Theres a dude near me that has 2 Monte SS's, a 70s corvette and an old chevy truck and I stopped by to ask if he wanted to sell one of the Monte's and he said no because he planned on restoring all the cars in his yard. And yet they havent moved since before I could remember!

Some people take satisfaction in hoading something that they have no intentions of using. Basically as an FU look at what I've got. That's usually when their stuff gets stolen.

thats why u keep askin like every month or so and after a while they will give!! trust me ..

There was an old man in MI that had a Grand National sitting in a barn that we had asked numerous times to buy it off him and he refused. A couple of years after high school, my buddy calls me up and tells me that the barn burnt down (with the car in it) :evil:

When my wife and I married over 20 years ago, her uncle (who gave her away at the wedding) has a 68 or 69 Chevelle blue with black Rally stripe, 396 Muncie 4 speed, and positrack rear that is sitting in his yard and wouldn't start. It had a tiny bit of surface rust on the rear quarters

Now, flash forward to now and the car still has not moved, he did pull the engine a few years ago and had all the machine work done to it (bored out, turned the crank, etc) but didn't get it back together and now it is all rusted up big time. The surface rust on the quarters is now all the way to the inside and you can see the back seat from the outside of the car and the mice have chewed up everything. It just makes me sick@ :puke:

My wife's aunt had a Galaxy 500 (4 door though) that was high mileage, but very well maintained. it had been repainted several times, etc. I often told her I loved her car and would like to get it if she ever sold it. Well, she bought it new with her late husband so we all knew she wouldn't ever sell it. One day she tells us she traded it in at the local auto dealer for a new car. She got $4,000 for it. 😳

There is a guy not far from me that has an 84 hurst olds all original that he has let sit since 1987 was the last year on the plates. Says hes gonna fix it someday. Believe it or not the interior looks factory fresh but who knows if that will last. Have bugged him and bugged him to sell it to me

Some people come to their senses before it's too late, but unfortunately most do not. :x

We have lots of cars like that around here. Example:

There's this guy who has a 1957 Plymouth Fury. This thing is fully loaded, even has a continental kit. And the big 2 carb 350 (I think). This car had a reputation back in the day as one of the fastest cars in town. The guy that owns it bought it new. But in the 70s he parked it due to having a family. So for the past 30+ years the car has been sitting in his back yard BESIDE hi garage. Numerous people over the years have tried to buy it, but he won't even hear it because he plans to 'restore it someday'. But after years of rust. mice, and his kids and grand kids using it as a way to jump up and down from the garage (OMG the roof is fudged) the thing is a pile of crap (but I would still buy it lol).

Another:

Quite a few years ago there was this hideous 70s T/A sitting in a guys driveway. It was purple, had one of those really cheezy 70s body kits, the velvet interior, etc... So I had a buddy that had a 74 400 4speed TA that wanted to buy it and swap his drive train into it. He asked the guy if it was for sale and he said no. My buddy offered the guy $5000 for it (ind believe me, it wasn't even worth $800 in my books). But he said no, he was gonna fix it up. So the car sat there in the guys driveway for about 4 years... WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN! My buddy tried a couple more times, and even left his number, but no go. Then a few years later (my buddy was out of his T/A stage), his brother wanted a T/A and decided to go and ask this guy too. And the guy not only sold it to him, but sold it for $500.

I could write a book on crap like this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor