Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazda Miata (Any)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, this is part of an argument I have had with friends for some time now. We have all agreed that the New Beetle is a car for girls and guys who do not like girls, but I say the car does have it's good points ( but probably would not own one) in a practical sense. The two cars we have in contention then are the Mazda Miata and BMW MINI Cooper. I say the Miata has body lines that make it look like a certain part of the male body (From the front specifically) but a friend of mine wants one anyway and says it would look different with a body kit and it needs a turbo or a swap. I have a love/hate thing for the BMW MINI Cooper. I like the original Austin Mini better and think the new one is just too big and way too heavy. However, it has a really nice interior and incredible handling. Plus it looks like an older car and I love chrome bumpers and grilles. They say it's a girl's car and would not be caught dead in it. For the record, they drive the following: 1987 Mustang 331/5spd convertible + 1997 1 Ton Chevy Diesel 4x4 Crew Cab truck; my other friend drives: a 1996 Honda Civic 4 door and an AWD 1G Eclipse turbo. I drive a Nissan Frontier, an Olds Cutlass and an AMC Spirit GT. Anyhow, ideas, thoughts or other nominees? What car is too much of a chick car for you to drive (If you are a guy)? As an aside, What vehicle tries too damn hard to be manly?

I picked BMW ,cause the bettle isn't too bad if you get a manly color and you can alway throw a LT1-LS1-2 in to a miata....

I've always liked the Miata to a certain extent. It's a little convertible that you can look moderately cool in. And though I don't like the Mini per se (I'm, er... somewhat long, and don't quite fit in it), it wouldn't be too bad a car and I know a few guys that have them.

An old Beetle is acceptable for a guy to own, unless it's pink and convertible but that's another story... but the new ones are just... I don't know. They come with flower holders, man! I don't know of many guys that'd be caught dead with a flower holder in front of them.

That said, I agree that the 94-98 Mustangs are also not male-oriented... the vast majority of the people I see driving them are female and are also elderly. I have never been able to figure this out. For some reason, Mustangs seem to attract grandmothers.

For the record, my grandma drives a '94 Ford Taurus.

Above that, though, I think that the "girliest" car currently in production is the Toyota Solara. Despite a 225hp engine, there is just something inherently not-manly about it.

hey i wouldnt mind one of those new beetles, turbod all wheel drive, thats a biggg sleeper.....and i like girls btw lol! those turbo vws are made fast pretty easily

Ooooh. And let us not forget the (cringe) Geo/Chevy Tracker.

95trackercon4x4xz0.jpg

Tough to get much girlier than that.

To me, the worst offenders for the bugs are either the green or yellow ones with the flower vase and the aftermarket white flower wheels with yellow center caps. That's castration on wheels...:lol:

And yeah.... I forgot about the Solara. Definitely does not have a single masculine line to it.

it was a tough decision but i had to go with the beetle. it's a car for chicks and hippies. and hippies are p*ssies anyway. the miata has a decent power to weight ratio and good handling as does the mini. so at least they serve a purpose. they only good things about the beetle is that its only in the us and its a testbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor