which carb should i run

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984 Regal 327

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2011
i have a 84 regal limited with a 327 V8 , bored .030 over 710 lift cam, 202 heads, ported and polished , edelbrock performer rpm intake , i am running an edelbrock 650 carb, the question i have is when i punch the throttle it kinda hesitates and then goes if i switched to a holley carb would it make a difference?

1984 Regal 327

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2011
if im cruising around 50 or so and i put the pedal down it kinda bogs down then revs up and goes

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
LSCustoms said:
what do you mean by kinda hesitates, could be many different things... may be flooding a little? 650 big for a 327? not sure...
I would say it flooding. By which i mean its dumping fuel before the secondarys actually start opening. What compression ratio. Also with a 710 lift cam sounds a little big for a 327 with only 202 heads and a perfomer intake. Are the heads alluminum or the old school fuelie heads if old school even with major port worl they wont flow anywhere nere whAt that cam is capable of thus heads are way to small that could also be a problem.

1984 Regal 327

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2011
i believe they are the old school fuelie heads , they are definitley not aluminum. i dont know the exact specs i didnt build the motor i'll ask the guy who built it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor