Which headers for AFR heads?

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
So I'm at the point now where I need to purchase headers, and I'm just figuring out which ones to get to make sure they fit properly. The motor is a 355SBC with AFR 195cc eliminator heads (AFR-1034). The port shape for them says "square," but all of the headers I'm finding that fit the Monte say either oval, D-port, or SAP. Which of these would work with the "square port" heads? I tried reaching out to AFR directly but haven't gotten a response...I'll be trying again today. Thanks for any info you might have!

So I'm at the point now where I need to purchase headers, and I'm just figuring out which ones to get to make sure they fit properly. The motor is a 355SBC with AFR 195cc eliminator heads (AFR-1034). The port shape for them says "square," but all of the headers I'm finding that fit the Monte say either oval, D-port, or SAP. Which of these would work with the "square port" heads? I tried reaching out to AFR directly but haven't gotten a response...I'll be trying again today. Thanks for any info you might have!
what works for me is,measure the i.d of the port,use that as your starting dimensions of the gasket opening.

Did you look at Schoenfelds ? They might work

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor