Which master cylinder for non low drag calipers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fly_25

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2020
With the information I've gathered from the internet any replacement caliper will be non low drag, which master cylinder do I need for non low drag calipers? Considering the stock master cylinder is a step bore, designed for low drag calipers. Again, this is just what I've gathered from the internet.

malibudave

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2010
Houston, TX
A step bore MC will work with any caliper.

A strat bore MC will ONLY work with normal NON low drag calipers.

That being said, I am not a fan of step bore master cylinders as their pedal feel is usually terrible.

1.125” bore master cylinder with a B-Body 12” dual diaphragm vacuum booster.

1.0” bore from a right hand drive 2000 s-10. RAYBESTOS MC390572. If the reservoir doesn’t fit under the hood, exchange the reservoir out with a 2000 Camaro reservoir.

NEW MASTER CYLINDER OPTION

This master bolts right in no mods and actually works AC DELCO Master Cylinder Part # 89056529 or 18M974 (same master)
maliburacing.com

1.125” bore master cylinder from a 2000 Chevrolet Express Van 1500. Switch out the Express Van reservoir with the stock 1984 G-Body reservoir.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor