Window Tint

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
My next addition is going to be tinted windows. I live in Michigan so the rules here are going to be different than, say, Florida. Do I go to a local shop, or should I go to a big box place like Quality Truck and Auto? How much would be a reasonable price to pay? I was told that they don't use precut pieces, they have to do custom cutting, so that adds to the cost. I don't know anything about the % transmission of the film, but I have to assume the shop will know the details on that. I want the tint to be dark, but I don't want a cop magnet. Any advice fellas and fellettes?

Check your local laws. The lower the % the darker the tint. I'd find a reputable shop or mobile tint guy that only does tints and uses quality stuff like Llumar or 3m. There are tons of options for color and UV protection aside from "light ot dark". Expect to spend a few hundred $. I personally like to keep the same % all around for the appearance of uniformity.

I spent low 200’s for my tint a couple years ago. Legal in AZ is 35%. Why bother. We rarely get pulled over for darker tint due to the extreme heat here. 115°+. Mine is limo aka 5% ask the way around. Difficult to back up at night but I just roll down the windows for that.

1719774551400.jpeg

I went to a place called Tuxedo Tint in Warren Mi. I have had 3 cars done by them all in 20% and know a few other people that have had cars done by them. They have fair pricing a do a nice job.
Years ago I would be worried about tint as far as legality around here but everything I see now has dark tint from the factory and I haven't heard of someone getting pulled over for tint in decades, my main concern now is can I see well at night and 20% I can hardly tell from the inside looking out plus these new ceramic tints help block UV rays which I really need to keep my Regals new burgundy interior from fading.
20240516_073329.jpg

I went to a place called Tuxedo Tint in Warren Mi. I have had 3 cars done by them all in 20% and know a few other people that have had cars done by them. They have fair pricing a do a nice job.
Years ago I would be worried about tint as far as legality around here but everything I see now has dark tint from the factory and I haven't heard of someone getting pulled over for tint in decades, my main concern now is can I see well at night and 20% I can hardly tell from the inside looking out plus these new ceramic tints help block UV rays which I really need to keep my Regals new burgundy interior from fading.
View attachment 241551
Thanks, I'll give that place a look. I live up by Saginaw, so I'd probably pass about 10 good places on the way down to Warren. Thanks for the insight on the tint percentage. You're car is amazing!

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Thanks, I'll give that place a look. I live up by Saginaw, so I'd probably pass about 10 good places on the way down to Warren. Thanks for the insight on the tint percentage. You're car is amazing!
I wouldn't come all the way down here for tint, maybe look at some local shops reviews around you and I mean tint places that specialize in tint not a one stop shop that does it as a side job and they let the new kid do it.
i appreciate the compliment on my Regal also.

Reactions: 1983calais
I did find a mobile place that looks like they can do it right in my garage. They're right around the corner from me, so I requested a quote. Thanks for the help everyone!

Reactions: 565bbchevy

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor