CUTLASS Windshield and Rear Window Trim Clips

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Are the windshield and rear window trim clips the same on an '80 Cutlass?

The clips I bought just don't hold the A-pillar trim down and pop as soon as I try and attach the top molding. Is there any better alternatives, OEM? These NAPA (found them in another thread on the board) items? Or metal clips I see listed on web search engines? Any help is appreciated, and part numbers!

Thanks,
Mike

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 7.56.26 AM.png

I used the metal ones that are spec'd for an A Body. I had the same problem with those plastic ones, never sat right and never grabbed the trim to hold it down. Got tired of fighting them and got the metal ones and they worked great, no issues at all. In Arizona, anything plastic, especially something exterior, was not long for this world so metal was the way to go.

Edit: Heres the link to the ones I used:

I used the metal ones that are spec'd for an A Body. I had the same problem with those plastic ones, never sat right and never grabbed the trim to hold it down. Got tired of fighting them and got the metal ones and they worked great, no issues at all. In Arizona, anything plastic, especially something exterior, was not long for this world so metal was the way to go.

Edit: Heres the link to the ones I used:

Thanks for the link, appreciate it!

Reactions: 88AZSS
Are the windshield and rear window trim clips the same on an '80 Cutlass?

The clips I bought just don't hold the A-pillar trim down and pop as soon as I try and attach the top molding. Is there any better alternatives, OEM? These NAPA (found them in another thread on the board) items? Or metal clips I see listed on web search engines? Any help is appreciated, and part numbers!

Thanks,
Mike

View attachment 244926
The Napa ones didnt work? Dang man. I'm sorry. Mine worked great! Good solid "snap" or pop in place and the A-pillar trims are locked in. No movement at all on em when I did the top trim.

The Napa ones didnt work? Dang man. I'm sorry they didn't work for you. Mine worked great! Good solid "snap" or pop in place and the A-pillar trims are locked in. No movement at all on em when I did the top trim.
I checked my local Napa for that bag of clips and they aren’t available. I used some other clips I bought at some point, I can’t recall where I got them. I’ll try the metal ones suggested above.

Reactions: RICKDIZZLE
I checked my local Napa for that bag of clips and they aren’t available. I used some other clips I bought at some point, I can’t recall where I got them. I’ll try the metal ones suggested above.
Ahhh gotcha. If you get stuck and end up needing the Napa ones..just drop me a message. I can pick them up and mail them to ya.

Reactions: Rktpwrd and old80cs

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor