Wood Grain Dash Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
I finished up my wood grain project. I replaced the chrome looking outlines and pinstripes with some brushed gold vinyl cut in .06 and .04 strips. The wood grain was printed on a Gerber Edge thermal printer. The rocket emblem is .12 thick PVC with the edges beveled and then covered with the brushed gold vinyl.
img2519y.jpg

img2518t.jpg

img2517a.jpg

img2516vo.jpg

img2514xi.jpg

img2513du.jpg

Thats cool, I like it. I've always been a fan of wood grain, I planned on putting it in my car but, sh*t happens, you know? Right now I have the jet black dash pieces and they are in pretty good shape, and being that in the regal they are considered somewhat more desirable (being that's what came in the gn & t types) I can't bring it upon myself to spend $50 to replace perfectly good trim. Oh well, anyways, nice work, I like it.

Nice, im planning on making some custom peices of my own for my interior with hardwood. Looks great!

Thanks guys :D The gauge panel is a Summit Brand digital dash. The wood grain is a rosewood pattern printed from my Signlab program on Oracal white vinyl. I run a sign shop and have several design programs and equipment that we use for vehicle graphics so my cost for my own projects is very low.

that looks great. I hate that the chrome looking stripes on the stock trim, are always rubbed off pretty good, at least by the time i own the car.
my last cutlass, I just removed all the chrome stripes, and painted the wood trim black. This time, I'm thinking about using the "hydro-dipping" method, to give it a better looking style of woodgrain, and forgetting about the chrome stripes altogether.
I love the tan/camel colored interiors, when clean. Great job

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor