Lighted Lightning Rods top plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
www.gbodyolds.com
New project Im working on aside from stripes and decals is a lighted Lightning Rods top plate in which the word "LIGHTNING RODS" and gear selection lights up.
Last night I drafed up an exact dimensional model in Solidworks in 86-88 Teak wood, tonight Im working on the lighted mechanisms.
LightningRodsTopPlate1.jpg

LightningRodsTopPlate2.jpg

Looks cool. Are you having it laser cut?

Only problem i see with the model is the center "D" shape of the D and R are floating in prnd.

Looks pretty sweet...If I end up with Lightning Rods I will definitely need this plate!

As of now I don't plan on selling any, just another project I'm working on for my 88 Cutlass and maybe for another car I've been thinking of building that's based on a GM concept drawing from 1985.
Besides it's too soon to even ask such a question since I don't even have a final design yet.
There are a few ideas I am contemplating.

Information sadly removed due to mass production idea thiefs

Cool thanks for the reply.I like the idea of a metal plate I'm not a fan of the plastic plate .There are so many looks one can go for in a custom build thats why I like to build my cars this way. Cool project good luck with it. Do you have any pics of the 1985 concept car that you are basing your build off of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor