83 Malibu Wagon, TPI 5 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
A few pics of my wagon, I've had this for a while and am getting it back on the road soon.

When I first got her 5 years ago
myspace-1.jpg

on the road a year later

S5000030-1.jpg

Then I took it apart for paint and it sat. I lost interest for a while thanks to this crap economy. But I got a steady job now so things are happening again. Its going in the direction I've been dreaming of.....Fuel injected V8 and a 5 speed to back it up. I also got a couple panels to finish and then its going back together in DP90 flat black primer until I can decide what color to paint it. Plus I just wanna drive this thing, its been so long.

Waiting for teardown
000_0003.jpg

What happened??
100_0430.jpg

100_0429.jpg

The V8 T5 I picked up for $80 from the same guy I bought the TPI 305 from. Yup bellhousing too

100_0431.jpg

Mod List:
Rebuilt TPI 305 - Mild cam, some head porting
V8 T5, Ram clutch
88 Monte SS 3.73 non-posi rear (perfect condition and cheap)
SS Rear sway
Boxed rear control arms
All new bushings, shocks, and ball joints
Blacked out interior, floor shift column, 87 El Camino factory gauge pack
80's 14" Cutlass steelies with el cheapo tires

I'll post pics as this progresses. Gonna be bringing the block and heads to the machine shop this week.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks like a nice project. Glad to hear that you're doing better financially and got your interest back. Keep us informed of your progress. Good luck! I'd love to convert mine to standard.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
for some unknown reason I really like your car. 8)

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
shotgun said:
for some unknown reason I really like your car. 8)

Ah ha! I was looking for you last night because I wanted more pics of Marc's custom transmission, I plan on putting together the same thing. Couldn't remember your username haha

malibuSSwagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 20, 2008
Weare, NH
Grr almost had a set of original clutch/brake pedals. Had them in my hands but the yard wanted $150 for them. WTH. I said I can get new repops for $100 and the old lady that ran the place said "we get $150 for any standard setup" I said "well its just the pedals" "$150" "thanks but thats ridiculous" and walked right out without them :wtf: Thats what I get for being a nice guy and not just hiding them in my toolbox and walking out with them, i guess. Yea I would have paid $150 for the whole setup but the car only had the pedals in it, nothing else.

Oh well I'll just buy the custom pedal and use a hydro setup like I was planning to do. Would have been nice to cheap out with an original setup. /rant

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I don't get junkyards now a days. Think their stuff is gold. Like you pointed out, you can get new for the price they want used. I can't even count how many times I would have bought something I didn't need if the price was right. I guess they were doing me a favor :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor