Roof Chopped G-Bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
I agree they look better with the roof on, maybe its because i have seen so few of them and am not used to it. Don't get me wrong, i like the cars and they look better than anything i could even dream of doing myself, but i like roofs. I saw an 84 GP convert on ebay a while back that the seller called factory or something similar. Nice clean job like these cars so it must have been the same company. Anyone know how many G-convertables were created?

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
I seen a low rider early g body monte carlo with the roof chopped it looked like a clown car.I wish i had a picture of it.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
damn looks like a common project huh?

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
to me "chopped top" means the roof has been lowered a few inches and I don't think gbody's look good with that look, but the convertable thing is kind of growing on me.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
itsnotanova said:
to me "chopped top" means the roof has been lowered a few inches and I don't think gbody's look good with that look, but the convertable thing is kind of growing on me.
x2

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Definitly like the look of the Monte convertibles. I saw a pic of a Regal, IIRC, on cardomain a little while ago. One of their event coverages, at some low-rider show. The front end was easily 8 or 9 ft in the air. Looked good.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I think a Wagon with an inch or 2 removed would look great.

With all that glass , the lines seem a little top heavy.

Massive lowering of the car makes the illusion look worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor