Anyone dealt with Su

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2005
BC, Canada
My parents are both accountants (CGAs). I should probably phone them and ask them about it actually.

Ohwell, I've got enough lumps of scrap metal to keep me going for a while.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Been dealing with Summit for a number of years now. Always a quality shipment and timely too. What I mean by quality is that (I order over the phone) they tell you if it's in stock or on backorder right away, and expected shipment date when it isn't in stock. Also, they can usually tell me some technical stuff about it which helps sometimes.

Never had a problem with them. Never. Would definitely buy from them again if they got what I need.

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
sweet glad to hear all this good feedback, im gonna buy wheels from there, my dad is actually driving back from arizona in the spring, and the Ohio Summit store is sort of on the way back, so he said instead of paying $155US shipping he'd pick them up. Soooo my next question issssss, is the "store" basically the warehouse and you can choose whatever is online? or is there some sort of pick up option when it comes to getting parts?? anybody have any idea? --anyone else having troubles replying or posting.. ive tried and it sends me back to the homepage

MrCamaro69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 20, 2006
Betsy, the Ohio store is also a warehouse. It'd be best to call first to make sure they're in stock, if they are, he just orders from one of the 3 order desks, pays at the cashier desk, and picks up at the pickup desk, dizzying experience the first time but man oh man you talk about a kid in a candy store! They have a pretty good size store with alot of items on display. I'm sure you can probably also order online or phone for in-store pick-up.
The only trouble I had in store is with -an fittings that showed 2 count in the catalog but were 1 count in store, but the manager made it right. Tell Dad to make sure the wheels are correct type size backspacing etc. when he picks them up. Most of the warehouse guys just match numbers and pull items from bins.
FYI they're on the eastern outskirts of Akron, I-76, mile marker 29 on the north side of the road just off the interstate. Going east you can see their sign from the interstate.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
betsy,

I hate to link to other sites but since these are cross border related questions and I don't want to take credit....

Here is a thread with info on buying a car stateside:
http://www.sogm.ca/forum/viewtopic.php? ... +shippiong

Here is a thread on all other cross border shipping:
http://www.montecarloss.com/cgi-bin/ult ... p=1#000006

Never buy from anyone who won't ship through United States Postal Service - all private companies will come back at you with COD or send a cheque a month later for unmentioned border/brokerage fees that will often equal (or more) the cost of the product. They will not tell you these fees up front either, even if you ask.

Summit will ship USPS, but like most chains, they won't mark lower values or mark as gift - which is understandable. You end up paying duty and GST, which is still nothing compared to FedEx or UPS. If you can shop at the smaller or private level, then you can do the other tricks and not have to pay any extra fees.

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
hey thanks. thats some useful stuff, however the montecarloss thread just directed to the mainpage. no worries if you dont wanna dig through it, i suck at the internet, otherwise id try to search but i didnt see how to. my dad brought a vintage bike over the boarder and didnt have any problems at all, it was crazy. all he did was call and say that hes coming, and sent a couple fax's. i think he bought it off ebay actually. its called a Sarolea, only one other in Canada. and something like 8 left in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor