Ebay crossmembers

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
I don’t think Gbody’s ran 700/R4 trans. I think when they went to 4 speed automatics they were all 200/4R‘s. Someone must have swapped that trans in there.
That's entirely possible given the amount of other upgrades and go fast goodies this fella spent money on. Converter is a Fairbanks unit as is the trans and the pan has a drain plug (not oem) in it plus another hole in the side of the pan with wires ran near it I eventually figured out was where the trans brake solenoid goes into the aftermarket valve body. I haven't found the solenoid yet though.

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
Yep, just the TH200 4R was the only 4 speed auto that was used in our cars.
This pile of parts has seemed to draw the same interest here as it did when I first saw the pics on the auction listing my friend sent me. So maybe it's best if I figure out how to make a dedicated thread so I don't step on any toes by asking all these questions in the wrong place or anything, and I can lay the stuff out for some better pics so I can get some advice like this, and opinions on weather to build or sell. I value this input.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Ahh, great idea: the scale will tell the tale. I wouldn't be able to sleep until I knew exactly what I had, and those headers are a good score for sure. I have the plain non-ceramic version and the driver's side hits the brake line by the proportioning valve until you bend it, move the valve or clearance the backside of it, and the passenger side is extremely close to the upper control arm. It might hit if the frame is bent or you've got a ton of shims in-- there appears to be between 1/16" and 1/8" of air between them on my Cutlass. To run an S5 oil filter or equivalent you'll have to clearance a tube or it'll touch, and I found shorty header plugs to be absolutely necessary on my straight-plug heads unless you want to dimple a few primaries, which I've also done.

I personally like carrots, but the whole "eat them for better eyesight" thing was WWII propaganda. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...at-carrots-help-you-see-in-the-dark-28812484/
so Gilligan's Island was lying to us? o_O

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
so Gilligan's Island was lying to us? o_O

I don't want to live in a world where I can't trust a scripted TV program, but I couldn't stay mad at Mary Anne.

Last edited:

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
Ahh, great idea: the scale will tell the tale. I wouldn't be able to sleep until I knew exactly what I had, and those headers are a good score for sure. I have the plain non-ceramic version and the driver's side hits the brake line by the proportioning valve until you bend it, move the valve or clearance the backside of it, and the passenger side is extremely close to the upper control arm. It might hit if the frame is bent or you've got a ton of shims in-- there appears to be between 1/16" and 1/8" of air between them on my Cutlass. To run an S5 oil filter or equivalent you'll have to clearance a tube or it'll touch, and I found shorty header plugs to be absolutely necessary on my straight-plug heads unless you want to dimple a few primaries, which I've also done.

I personally like carrots, but the whole "eat them for better eyesight" thing was WWII propaganda. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...at-carrots-help-you-see-in-the-dark-28812484/
Verdict is in my friend, 27.6lbs, so it's definitely not a G-Force. Also my trans guy that guessed from a pic that the second hole in the trans pan was for an trans brake solenoid was wrong, it's for an electronic trans temp gauge. But good thing I pulled the pan because the inner part of the fitting was just rolling around in there. I got good pics of the engine, inside/outside of the trans, inside the rear end and the funky Hurst locking shifter today too. I'll try to start a thread in the next few days when I get some time. Im finding more and more interesting things about this mystery as I go along. Thanks again to everyone for your help so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor