Engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
Hey GBody Fam,
If I were to get an engine from a 98 Tahoe what all will I need to get from the a Tahoe to swap the engine in a Malibu? Would I need to get the trans also? I have a 200r4 in my Malibu at the moment. Thanks in advance! :blam:

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
A 98 Tahoe will be a 350 vortec motor plane and simple. If you have a trans that will bolt up to a SBC you are in luck. You will also need a vortec intake if you are running a carb and a electric fuel pump. Vortecs do not have a provision for a fuel pump, very few do and all the hyd. roller cams do not have a fuel pump lobe. Very good choice for a simple and cheap engine swap and they make great power in stock form. Simple upgrade to a bigger roller cam and you will be amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor