front lower control arm bushings

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
this weekend i'll be starting to order parts for a full suspension replacement with coilovers. sticking with stamped steel Aarms and just so happens everything i'm in need or ordering is goin on backorder with no stock return dates. i was trying to go with acdelco bushings but i can't wait around. lookin at these moogs as i been seeing moog become a tainted name, any opinions?

Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Would be nice if you were to document the process with this thread. You've got ball joints to pop, springs to remove safely, control arms to remove and rebuild, all that stuff. I'm currently gathering parts myself. Would like to follow along with your rebuild.

Reactions: 2 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Would be nice if you were to document the process with this thread. You've got ball joints to pop, springs to remove safely, control arms to remove and rebuild, all that stuff. I'm currently gathering parts myself. Would like to follow along with your rebuild.
well i'm having my mechanic do all the work cuz i can't otherwise i could give more details but ui can give you all the heartaches of hunting down the parts. lol

seriously though if you want to know all the parts im using i can do that.

Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
well i'm having my mechanic do all the work cuz i can't otherwise i could give more details but ui can give you all the heartaches of hunting down the parts. lol

seriously though if you want to know all the parts im using i can do that.
Cool. I was considering buying new set of Upper and Lower control arms pre-built. I have two cars so it would minimize downtime and I would rebuild the ones I removed. I think I can get new upper and lower control arms for like $350. I have all the steering parts and I'm letting the project snowball a bit. I might even do a Blazer brake upgrade but still getting the parts together.... no commitment other than steering ATM, although I do have blazer spindles on the shelf

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Cool. I was considering buying new set of Upper and Lower control arms pre-built. I have two cars so it would minimize downtime and I would rebuild the ones I removed. I think I can get new upper and lower control arms for like $350. I have all the steering parts and I'm letting the project snowball a bit. I might even do a Blazer brake upgrade but still getting the parts together.... no commitment other than steering ATM, although I do have blazer spindles on the shelf
ok, let me start with whats getting hard to find btw i'm doing as much shopping off amazon as possible cuz of 3x credit card points.
stamped rear control arms.
i had these in my cart till sold out and price was roughly 250.00 may not be comin back.

instead i will over spending on these with 1 left..... otherwise i cant find stamped 1s anywhere. this price pisses me off.

front lower control arms discontinued as far as i can tell. trying to stick with as much acdelco as possible which is why i'm going with these bare 1s. side note doing my research these brand X complete A arms come with questionable ball joints DYD. there's a LH/RH choice.

front lower control arm bushings (front position) went out of stock on me, i'll be callin around to see if can find else where in stock before getting moogs.

front lower control arm bushings (rear position) in stock stat is about to be out.

front upper control arms, acdelco still produces them, figure that out. lol LH/RH

ball joints for LCA.

in need of bolts for this stuff? see this post, not gonna retype this till ready to do a clean bolt specific post after i have them installed. many are discontinued so going with bolt depot. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/front-lower-control-arm-nuts-bolts-washers-69hurstolds.89051/

coil overs i'm going with aldan american their general g body kit 450 spring rate in front, 160 rear for sbc. on amazon they sell for about 1610.00

reason i included the rear control arms is cuz they getting hard to track down in the after market.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Your front LCA front position bushings appear to be available on eBay- this guy has 1.

Screenshot_20240425-180612.png

This guy has 2.

Screenshot_20240425-180101.png

Rear position:

Screenshot_20240425-180525.png

Rock Auto also has the rears, but no dice on the fronts.

Screenshot_20240425-180840.png

I'm sure you've looked into it by now but thought I'd post anyway just in case.

Reactions: 1 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Good luck, and I'm glad to be of assistance.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Your front LCA front position bushings appear to be available on eBay- this guy has 1.

View attachment 238447

This guy has 2.

View attachment 238445

Rear position:

View attachment 238446

Rock Auto also has the rears, but no dice on the fronts.

View attachment 238448

I'm sure you've looked into it by now but thought I'd post anyway just in case.
bought em, got em and they look fresh and correct box is slightly tinted so prolly few yrs old. thanks for the tip off.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor