MONTE CARLO Lowering

Yayitas6879

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2024
I installed 2” drop spindles 79 monte carlo instead of dropping it 2” it dropped it 3-1/2” looks nice but not safe. How can i fix this? I did order new stock springs would that help? If anyone has ran into this issue how have you fixed it?

Attachments

• IMG_6909.jpeg
    IMG_6909.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I installed 2” drop spindles 79 monte carlo instead of dropping it 2” it dropped it 3-1/2” looks nice but not safe. How can i fix this? I did order new stock springs would that help? If anyone has ran into this issue how have you fixed it?
Looks awesome, yeah you probably have spring sag going on if they are old springs. See where the new one's put you, if you still aren't happy with that you can go with heavier springs to further bring it up

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I used Moog 5660 springs with my drop spindles, as recommended by others here
Works ok for me

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpeg
    IMG_1063.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: 5 users

Yayitas6879

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2024
Looks awesome, yeah you probably have spring sag going on if they are old springs. See where the new one's put you, if you still aren't happy with that you can go with heavier springs to further bring it
Looks awesome, yeah you probably have spring sag going on if they are old springs. See where the new one's put you, if you still aren't happy with that you can go with heavier springs to further bring it
Thankyou. Would new shocks make a difference trying not to break the bank. Already put quite a bit into it this year. But what can i say i love her

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thankyou. Would new shocks make a difference trying not to break the bank. Already put quite a bit into it this year. But what can i say i love her
As mentioned won't affect height, but would say if you notice bouncing up and down when hitting uneven surface that is what shocks will help with. You are preaching to the choir with the amount of money I constantly throw at mine

Reactions: 1 user

Yayitas6879

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2024
As mentioned won't affect height, but would say if you notice bouncing up and down when hitting uneven surface that is what shocks will help with. You are preaching to the choir with the amount of money I constantly throw at mine
Thanks for the advice. Glad i found this forum.

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Nice Monte! Looks great!!!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor