Rubber and vinyl preserver/ protector recommendation

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Can anyone recommend a good vinyl rubber preserver? Apparently, the stuff that I used to use is no longer available.

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Can anyone recommend a good vinyl rubber preserver? Apparently, the stuff that I used to use is no longer available. This was king before armor all ps keep the ammonia away from your vinyl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240531-210319_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531-210319_Firefox.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for your suggestion. This isn't the greasy kid stuff like Armor All ?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For weatherstripping? DuPont's Krytox is one of THE best. GM even used to sell it under their brand. Of course at higher prices. They used GPL105 version. Kind of a liquid, but they make GPL205 that's a little more viscous and needs a bit more work to spread, but either works fine. $$$$$ Be prepared to dig deep. Very pricey but NO SILICONE. Tiny bit goes a long way, though. Thank goodness because it's pretty pricey. This stuff BONDS with the weatherstripping and it even holds up to radiation.

303 rubber seal protectant is great too. Much cheaper than Krytox.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
For weatherstripping? DuPont's Krytox is one of THE best. GM even used to sell it under their brand. Of course at higher prices. They used GPL105 version. Kind of a liquid, but they make GPL205 that's a little more viscous and needs a bit more work to spread, but either works fine. $$$$$ Be prepared to dig deep. Very pricey but NO SILICONE. Tiny bit goes a long way, though. Thank goodness because it's pretty pricey. This stuff BONDS with the weatherstripping and it even holds up to radiation.

303 rubber seal protectant is great too. Much cheaper than Krytox.

Thank you for your recommendations. I very much appreciate it. Krytox is some pretty pricy stuff. I'm sure it must great.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, try 303 protectant. Ive been using it for years. Good stuff.

151881_1500.11062020040005.jpg
Thank you, Mich,
Looks like 303 is going to get my vote. Thank you guys.
So I could use it for vinyl upholstery, dash top, and weather stripping? I guess it's a product that has to be purchased online?
Is it primarily used for rubber seals, etc.? and I'd have to use something else for vinyl door panels, etc.?
Would this be suitable for both types of surfaces? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0185PU38A/?tag=gbody-20

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor