What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Weather sucked today for the most part so ran the rad out to the radiator shop and then declared a defacto day off. Did manage to drive around half of the new steel T-bar fence posts down beside the existing wooden ones in the veggie garden enclosure in the last few days; they are 7 feet long and 4 feet of that goes in the ground to keep them from heaving due to winter frost. I still have one on the welding bench waiting to be finish welded as it has to be a shorter length to avoid penetrating the service trench that intersects the garden at about 2.5 feet below grade. I also may have to alter the mounting tabs on one of the others to get it to pick up its designated post more precisely.

Also got an unexpected call from a cousin who's kid is running a modified at the local track. Turns out that his new ride was in need of some shade tree welding and none of them could get past bubblegum grade. All it was, was a bunch of tacks to get the rear crash bar fitted together to where it could go to the shop for finish welding. Gas-MIG is wasted outdoors and what they had for the job was a micro-shoebox LIncoln 110 unit which is only about good for doing tack work. Not to say that it didn't perform acceptably, only that it was not heavy enough to do production welding at the level needed to generate passes that would shrug off getting smacked by another car during a race. The biggest problem is fine tuning the wire speed and heat ranges. Basically the rheostats move from fixed position to fixed position with no ability to land somewhere between them so as to be able to customize the set up. Still it was interesting and a diversion from my usual post supper exercise which typically involves falling asleep in the comfy chair until bed time.

Bother.

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Discovered my largest windmill palm tree is flowering for the first time. Its producing female flowers which look like green corn kernels. I have two more windmill palms but they are not big enough to begin flowering yet, hopefully one is male so I can get some palm seeds.

Nov 4, 2012
If you do that you might have to put some performance parts stickers on the rear window 😏
I was thinking more of a sleeper look- handicapped placard, tissue box on the dash, and a AAA bumper sticker.

You know they did make the Lacrosse in 08-09 with the 5.3L LS4? Mechanically identical to the Grand Prix GXP and the Impala SS. Front wheel drive is obviously a limitation, but they are still relatively quick and make V8 noises.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor