12 bolt in a 85 regal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthstryker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2007
Hey guys new to the site, long time lurker. well im getting ready to buy an 85 regal limited from my friend and i have a 67 GTO, well im not useing the 12 bolt rear end on the GTO, im going with a moser 9 inch.

my question is:

how much do i have to shorten the 12 bolt?

i know the mounts are at a different angle but i saw that umi has parts for it. so i think i would be using those.

Thanks.

Matt

hobbes442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2007
mount vernon,in
you dont have to shorten, it will be an inch wider each side. just looks wider and limits what wheels you can clear fender with when going wide

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
You will need to relocate the trailing arms.
We used an old A body 12 bolt on our old mailibu. Ordered a custom offset wheel for the back and had plenty of tire clearance.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I think Southside Machine has a set of LCA's that adapt an A Body rear to a G body with no cutting. They are around $300 IIRC.

ducky_1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2007
piqua,ohio
shorten it 1 5/8 of an inch per side and use 62-67 nova 12 bolt axel. that is what i did works out great .will use same offset wheel as front.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I am selling a set of SSM bars to do this,check the classified for pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor