12 bolt Matt in St. Petersburg Russia, I mean Florida.

Trader history (0)

12boltcut

n00b
Jan 5, 2024
I purchased a 1983 Cutlass about a year ago. The owner of the Cutlass let me test drive it without him. I was gone about 40 minutes and the Cutlass got hot which I assumed was a bad head gasket and so did the seller. I got a good price because of this which was perfet because i didn't care about the engine and trans anyway. I cared about the great body, decent interior and the Moser 12 bolt rear end which he didn't mention at all. I believe he didn't know what a great rear-end was put in the car during the last build. Before I started my LSX/T56 build I thought I would at least make a small effort to fix the cam "loping" gen 1 sbc. Turned out the combo of bad ignition timing, no fan shroud and dirty as heck radiator made the perfect storm of running like crap and over-heating. I fixed and no longer have a good excuse to do my swap because the th350 has an FTI 2800 stall hooked to 355 gears on one side and a cammed strong 350 engine on the other made it probably faster than a stock LS3 from a C6 would make it. I had enjoyed driving it for the past year until the trans, developed a bad front leak which requires it to be dropped to repair. At 60, I no longer want to repair myself and I refuse to dump $600 to $1500 into a 3 speed automatic transmission. I am also bailing on my LSX/T56 dream also. I will sell(let someone steal) this already cool and fun car that will be a boosted LSX beast eventually for $6k. I hope I am allowed to leave my number 8onethree8five71one4six cutty.jpg cutty.jpg
cutttrear.jpg
cut back seat.jpg

Attachments

• 12bolt.jpg
    12bolt.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 20
  • cutfromt.jpg
    cutfromt.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21
  • cutlass front.JPG
    cutlass front.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor