1978 Grand Am CA prototype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
If you mean the blue 4 speed, I'll let you have it if you ship it from the middle of my yard. The frame is turning into
Iowa dirt. Has good title and 2 good valve stem caps. :rofl:

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
I'll take the title and the valve caps, if you throw in my old wheels and tires! :mrgreen:

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok
I have a Grand am for sale ! anyone interested ? photos are on Most Recent photos right now also
I believe the CA was going to stand for Can am that's what I read anyways of coarse it wasn't official they mentioned in the article that I have,it didn't stand for California though

Attachments

• 80 GA now 001.jpg
    80 GA now 001.jpg
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 2,186
  • 80 GA now 004.jpg
    80 GA now 004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,016
  • 1980 Grand Am 037.jpg
    1980 Grand Am 037.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,615

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
How much? Wanna trade for a Cadillac? :lol:

I wish I had some disposable cash right now. I haven't owned a GA yet.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Yeah, How much? I do know that this 1980 has burgandy cloth interior, power windows, and virtually zero rust.
I used to own one "exactly" like it.

Randy, I'll throw in the tires, but I'm not quite done with them yet.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
adam6640 said:
I have a Grand am for sale ! anyone interested ? photos are on Most Recent photos right now also
I believe the CA was going to stand for Can am that's what I read anyways of coarse it wasn't official they mentioned in the article that I have,it didn't stand for California though

Just read an interview with Jim Wangers at Pontiac Online.com. Mr. Wangers said a 1978 white Lemans was provided to Motortown to convert into a Can Am (shaker, spoiler, & graphics). When the Can Am program was cancelled in 1977, the 1978 program ended as well.
In 1978, several magazines came out with an article about a pontiac prototype named Grand Am CA. Was that the prototype 1978 Can Am (posed question to Mr. Wangers)?
Mr. Wangers replied that the Motortown car was a Lemans with the Lemans front grills.

The whole interview by Pontiac Online.com was a very interesting read (Mr. Wangers IS Mr. Pontiac, IMO)!

Doug

I agree with" adam6640" that there was a 1978 Can Am prototype and (AFAIK) know one can say for sure what the CA stood for.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
grandamman said:
Yeah, How much? I do know that this 1980 has burgandy cloth interior, power windows, and virtually zero rust.
I used to own one "exactly" like it.

Randy, I'll throw in the tires, but I'm not quite done with them yet.
I ordered one new "exactly" like it, too! :mrgreen: LOL

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Randy, I've owned both of these exact cars. Same VIN and all on your black 80 and this white 80 :mrgreen:

I wouln't mind haveing the white one back. It is loaded with the exception of p/l and moon roof. Washington state car and is very clean inside and out.

I can tell you Kens blue 78 is very nice too. It was extremly nice years ago before he did the restoration and mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor