1984 el camino passenger side wheel sunk in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
Hey i have a question my back left wheel is almost sunken in compared to my right wheel which sticks out further. i was thinking of buying a wheel spacer for just that one side so they are the same but im not to sure if its something major thats wronong with it?
Also i know this is a common el camino problem but my back window seams to leak or something behind the seats on both sides because the carpet gets wet right behind the seats. I also noticed when i was cleaning my car that the front drive side carpet was damp as well? Any Ideas on either topics. Thanks

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
First, determine that you have the same wheel on both sides of the car. (backspacing, width,etc} If one wheel sets further into the well you probably have bigger problems. (suspension out of whack, or your body is out of line, frame bent) None of these problems are going to be fixed with a wheel spacer. If both wheels match, have your car put on an alignment rack, or a frame rack at a body shop, or both. About your water leak, remove your rear window molding, My Elcamino has rust through under there from years of accumulation of dirt behind the molding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor