1984 Monte Carlo SS - Awakened After a 15 Year Hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IROCSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2007
Hey guys, much appreciated, really!

Vern - thanks... well, the brakes are behind the wheels :lol: Motor-vation is the factory H.O. 305, BUT someday, I envision an LS1 and 4spd auto, someday :D

E_3883.jpg

Here's another one from the shoot the other night, sorry, I ran out of time to get any interior shots, I'll definitely get some soon.

Cheers,
Blair

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Blair, glad you are having great results with the coil overs. I like the idea of adjustable shocks and ride height. That was my next road to go down had my drop springs not worked out.

IROCSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2007
Tony_SS said:
Blair, glad you are having great results with the coil overs. I like the idea of adjustable shocks and ride height. That was my next road to go down had my drop springs not worked out.

Thanks Tony,

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing the QA1's. The ability to dial-in the ride height was a huge factor for me. I can't tell you how many times, in the early years that I owned the car, I swapped coils out of the front trying to get the ride height right, with no success. And if you have done that with this gen G-body, then you know it's a real PITA :cry:

Sounds like you hit the right combination for your car, nice work!

Blair

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
IMO its the cleanest Monte i have ever seen. its friggin ridiculous. on another note, are those sideskirts factory? i dont have sideskirts on my SS, so i thought id ask. beautiful car.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Monte indeed! I think I remember seeing different pictures of it years ago. The different spoiler (Firebird?) and 86-88 side mirrors stand out to me. Did you have any older pic of it online back in the day?

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Yea would like to see a shot of that spoiler also. 6.2 LS3 would be very cool. Shoot make it with the new 6 speed transmission. Who needs money anyway.

IROCSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2007
1988montess said:
IMO its the cleanest Monte i have ever seen. its friggin ridiculous. on another note, are those sideskirts factory? i dont have sideskirts on my SS, so i thought id ask. beautiful car.

Hey 1988montess, thanks! No, those are aftermarket fiberglass g-fx, originally sold by a company called Crystalite Engineering, now marketed by Lauren Engineering.

85_SS said:
Beautiful Monte indeed! I think I remember seeing different pictures of it years ago. The different spoiler (Firebird?) and 86-88 side mirrors stand out to me. Did you have any older pic of it online back in the day?

Good eye 85_SS, yes, a very long time ago, I posted a pic of it when it was too low and too monochromatic, over at http://www.montecarloss.com. I think that image is probably still over there, I might have to go and look now.

Vern, the rear spoiler was from an aftermarket company called Ventre Corp. and was manufactured specifically for a variety of different vehicles, this one obviously for a Monte, it is similar to an F-body wing, but not quite. Today however, I would trade it for an original rear spoiler, go figure huh? I purchased both the g-fx and the spoiler over 20 years ago... YIKES :shock:

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow that monte looks spotless. very well done and well kept. can't wait to see more pictures of it

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
All this drooling is gonna short out the keyboards, guys! :lol:

IROCSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2007
Thanks again guys,

I grabbed a quick-n-simple interior shot the other night, pretty basic, factory interior, but that's the way it was back then :) About the only changes I made were to paint the faux wood grain appliques in a semi-flat charcoal metallic and add some fake carbon fibre decals in the reveals, just to add some texture, even if it is fake (the fake er, faux woodgrain just didn't do much for me)

E_3505-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor