1987 Buick Regal Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
coming along pretty nice! really wish I hadn't seen the actual color of the paint......aaaaargh, you're making it hard on me to stay in the grey shades Joe! :mrgreen:

Nov 4, 2012
1evilregal said:
coming along pretty nice! really wish I hadn't seen the actual color of the paint......aaaaargh, you're making it hard on me to stay in the grey shades Joe! :mrgreen:

Thanks Darin! Haha, sorry about the color thing. :oops: I think gun metal grey or even silver-ish colors would look good on your car. Anyways, I found kinda a big issue this morning. I took a look at my body bushings and they are pretty bad. Worse than I thought, at least. There is one in the trunk I'm gonna have to cut out from the top. It is just sitting on top of the frame, there is a rust hole through the body where it's supposed to mount. This may throw a wrench in the gears for a while, but I'll get it resolved. I want to change them before I paint it, as I don't want bad bushing ruining all my new bodywork by cracking the filler.

Nov 4, 2012
instro84 said:
like that color, gonna look good when done.

Thanks! I like it, it's different and I've yet to see one with chrome trim. I just hope this whole body bushing thing doesn't set me back too far. Stay tuned..

Nov 4, 2012
Hey guys, been a while since I've updated. Progress has been slow as getting the Sears tractor in good shape for this summer has been my primary focus lately. I've just been spraying the body bolts down with PB Blaster everyday. I still need to get the bushing kit, I'm getting the Energy Suspension kit. After I do the bushing I can start focusing on paint again. Then I can get around to some of my "fun" mods like my headers and S10 manual steering. I'll keep you posted as I make progress.

Nov 4, 2012
First update in a while-

I got the decklid, bumper fillers and header panel to the body shop last week. The decklid has one coat of primer on it and I blocked it today. I got my Energy Suspension body bushings from Summit and I'm just waiting on the bolts from GBP. I went to the Canfield Swap Meet yesterday and bought a set of 15x7 Chevy Rallies with some cool spinner center caps. They have 4.25" backspacing and I'm gonna put 205-70-15 Goodyear rubber on them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 413
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 412
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 409

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
Keep up the good work. I just started cleaning up the small rust spots on my car. I also have to hit the small pin
holes in the drivers floor section I will cut out the bad only
the size of a penny section.

Nov 4, 2012
marz442 said:
Keep up the good work. I just started cleaning up the small rust spots on my car. I also have to hit the small pin
holes in the drivers floor section I will cut out the bad only
the size of a penny section.

Thanks. Pinholes are easy, just use some fiberglass putty on them once you grind them clean. Just make sure you get all the black 'pits' in the rust cleaned out with a rasp bit. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor