1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Re: 1987 Olds Pro-touring project build *LONG*

I may have already posted, but I plan on eventually going with a factory electronic control, so I don't have to worry about vacuum controlling the HVAC doors.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Doober, I have seen a few of those conversions also, just getting the parts of someone is not cheap. Finding one in the salvage is slim, but the cheapest route.

I can't wait to see some finished pics of this olds!

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ

My plan would likely be out of an '88-'94 or '95+ GM truck, those're all over... I would like to go with the later dial style ('95+), but I don't know how it compares to the digital controls of '88-'94.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I picked up controls from a cavalier to retrofit in the wagon. I haven't gotten very far

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada

gotta get some updates going. months of MIA man whats up?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

On mine they took the stock HVAC controls and just added a couple of micro switches to the backside along with tapping into the stock wiring plug to run the aftermarket vacuum motors. I am using a vacuum reservoir just in case I don't have enough vacuum to operate everything properly.

It's a lot of stuff to fit behind the dash of a G-body. :/

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

84cutlassjuggalo said:

Sorry. Car has been limbo. My neighbor had a guy with a 70-1/2 Camaro come to him that just needed a quick scuff and shoot paint job. It was some quick money so I told him to put mine to the side and do the Camaro.

Well, the Camaro turned out to be a BIG piece of junk. Rust and bondo EVERYWHERE. He just finished buffing the new paint out yesterday and now we're getting back to my car.

Hopefully it'll be painted by end of July weather permitting.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada

FE3X CLONE said:
84cutlassjuggalo said:

Sorry. Car has been limbo. My neighbor had a guy with a 70-1/2 Camaro come to him that just needed a quick scuff and shoot paint job. It was some quick money so I told him to put mine to the side and do the Camaro.

props for that.Not many people would offer to let some one put their car off

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok

Check out Europeon cooler air in Texas I think in Rockwall, they can do anything with auto A/C

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts

FE3X CLONE said:
On mine they took the stock HVAC controls and just added a couple of micro switches to the backside along with tapping into the stock wiring plug to run the aftermarket vacuum motors. I am using a vacuum reservoir just in case I don't have enough vacuum to operate everything properly.

It's a lot of stuff to fit behind the dash of a G-body. :/

That looks like a nightmare to keep working! I have not had great luck with microswitches in my cars. I can't wait to see it working though, the car is gonna be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor