2+2 GP SUSPENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
Is the 2+2 GP suspenson the same as the F41? If not whats the difference?
Thanks Gbarrie.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Its basically the same. The Pontiac will have the front frame brace that other divisions don't have, and the 2+2 will have the higher ratio steering box, which should be the same as a Monte SS or Buick GN. As far as I know, there aren't any other major differences between it and a standard F41 setup. Hope this helps.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
To add to that, they all used the same boring 7.625 rear axle as base Grand Prixs and other base G-Bodies. Despite what has been said at times, not all came with positraction. Most had 3:08 gears, some say all had 3:08s. (I have seen otherwise). They should all have the same steering box as the Monte SS, same front sway bar dia... not all had a rear sway bar (ie one or two of the 2:73 geared 2+2s Ive come across) Spring rates I am not sure about but would guess they used whatever the Monte SS Aerocoupe used... ie required the same Monte SS rated springs up front, and likely stiffer-rated rear springs to control the added weight from the rear glass/deck modifications.
As a side note, other than a pair of specially built "Brass Hat" versions, all should have the LG4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor