200-4R Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Im starting to put my elco back together, the body is just about finished. I bought a 86 MC SS 200-4R about a year ago and Im getting ready to hook it up. Im getting worried I might have an issue, when I bought it I picked up the large end and transmission fluid come out the end that hooks up to the driveshaft, is this normal

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
CWPottenger said:
Fox80 said:
Yes that is normal, fluid will run out if the driveshaft is not in it

x2 normal on all automatic transmissions

thats not true. many newer transmissions do not leak out the fluid at all with the driveshaft removed

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Peter said:
CWPottenger said:
Fox80 said:
Yes that is normal, fluid will run out if the driveshaft is not in it

x2 normal on all automatic transmissions

thats not true. many newer transmissions do not leak out the fluid at all with the driveshaft removed

Yes you are correct, but he didn't ask about newer transmissions, many newer ones such as an Allison etc actually seal the output shaft not the driveshaft I believe

Crd80BU

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thank god I was thinking I was going to need to remove it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor