Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
rmodys said:
Why do you think all of this? The company's overall quality in product is way better then it was even two years ago and the prices have been lowered. So what makes you think that it will be "overpriced and overweight"?

maybe because the last camaros they made were overweight and overpriced? more overpriced but my opinion stands.

maybe because the SSR they built weighs more than it should and costs way more than it should?

when GM starts building regular cars with RWD and stops using RWD for special cars i'll have more faith in GM. i just dont think GM gets the point, not everyone wants to buy a vette to have RWD. i dont even want a GTO, i want a regular sedan with RWD and that is not too much to ask. GM really shot themselves in the foot since the late 80's when they turned darn near everything over to FWD and kept doing it with the caprice/impala and when they did they lost a lot of business in the process. no more cabs or cop cars are chevy anymore, they're all crown vics, they gave ford the cab market. and what chevy cop cars i have seen are FWD impalas and they are few and far between.

GM lost billions last years, even though it tried drumming up lots of business with the employee discount program and thats why it lost so much at least in part.

basically GM has made a ton of mistakes for almost 20 years solid now and i'm not so sure they're going to learn from it. people werent interested in an overpriced f-body so they stopped making them. now they plan on bringing back the camaro? well, we'll see if they learn from their mistakes or not. i'm just not holding my breath to find out.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
no more cabs or cop cars are chevy anymore, they're all crown vics, they gave ford the cab market. and what chevy cop cars i have seen are FWD impalas and they are few and far between.

All the local agencies here are phasing out the Crown Vics (they hated them), all the new cars are Impalas and some unmarked Malibus, but I agree a rwd Sedan would be nice, perhaps they need to make good on bringing the GTO production stateside and offer a Chevy variant....and if they can figure out how to lose the weight the GTO gained versuses the Monaro.

Arok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
lots of cabs around here are malibus, IMO they might as well be a camry. There are 2 mercury marauders used by the police in my town, and they love them. Some state troopers here have camaros, an officer died in one not long ago. Our state officers are using vics and exploders.

Something came to me the other day at work. I had to test drive this brand new 4runner that had a bad vibration around 60-70. The speed limit was 45. I got it up to 70 and right as I did I see a motorcycle cop comming torward me. I eased off to about 50 and he didn't bat an eye. what occcured to me is they can't use their radar guns while riding, sweet. Turns out the tires were improperly balanced at the factory, I fixed it.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Arok said:
lots of cabs around here are malibus, IMO they might as well be a camry. There are 2 mercury marauders used by the police in my town, and they love them. Some state troopers here have camaros, an officer died in one not long ago. Our state officers are using vics and exploders.

Something came to me the other day at work. I had to test drive this brand new 4runner that had a bad vibration around 60-70. The speed limit was 45. I got it up to 70 and right as I did I see a motorcycle cop comming torward me. I eased off to about 50 and he didn't bat an eye. what occcured to me is they can't use their radar guns while riding, sweet. Turns out the tires were improperly balanced at the factory, I fixed it.

tell that to the judge on my last ticket, tried explaining tht radar requires atleast one fixed point that the reading on his gun is affected as much by his speed as it is by mine, judge didn't even want to hear it, told me I was wasting his time.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
Arok said:
Dr I just meant that they would need both hands to drive the motorcyle and wouldn't be able to safely use their radar guns at all.

unless the figure out how to mount them to the bike (which wouldn't be hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor