200R4 Trans Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
I picked up a non G Body car today and It has what I believe to be a trans problem. First of all the engine is a 305 and from the pan, the trans looks like its a 2004R. When I put the car in gear, it feels like theres a stall in the trans. The car doesnt move until I get the RPM's a little higher. It doesnt move as soon as I hit the gas. Its like it has to build up rpm for it to move.

Once it does move, sometimes I hear a light tapping noise around the trans. Only when I hit the gas though. Im guessing its the converter.IDK

A buddy of mine came by and tried adjusting some cables under the hood but no luck.

Can you guys maybe point me in the right direction?

TIA

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
the direction i would point you is to the nearest trans shop, sounds like its pretty well done for i would think, or go to a junk yard and buy a cheap junk yard trans, but then again you never know what you will get when you do that.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Time for a COLD BEER and some warm times with the Lady Friend, call it a day..........and grab another transmission tomorrow 8)

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
JBreu said:
Time for a COLD BEER and some warm times with the Lady Friend, call it a day..........and grab another transmission tomorrow 8)

thats about what i woud do after some choice words and throwing things around haha

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
well i added some more fluid and its back to the same thing. damn this is frustrating. i was hoping for a simple fix due to a line, or some sort of connection but I guess not. New trans????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor