3.5 inch front dash speakers

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
I'm looking to replace/upgrade my front dash speakers. One of them is out and the other sometimes is very static-y . Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pair of the 3.5 inch speakers? Brands? The rear speakers seem to be perfectly fine. The car has the stock AM/FM 8-track player that works great. I'd just like to have better sound from the front.

Reactions: 1 user

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
Sorry, I don’t have any recommendations. Hopefully someone else chimes in. I bought some a long time ago and never used them because the magnets were too big to fit without cutting the dash. I am looking for good replacements as well.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Be careful what size the magnets are. If they are too big, the grilles won't fit because the speaker bottoms out before the grill is all the way down. I put mine in so long ago I don't remember what brand they are.

BlairC_789

Apprentice
Jun 18, 2021
North Carolina
Kicker 46CSC35.
Sound perfect and crisp. The driver side magnet just barley touches the wire loom under the dash, but they fit great.

Reactions: 2 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I have installed the Focal K-series speakers. The small tweeters nicely fit in the dash (see picture). All specs are on the Focal site.

Cheers,
Andry

Attachments

• Focal K2-Series Tweeter Specs.pdf
    788 KB · Views: 16
  • Focal Tweeter.jpg
    Focal Tweeter.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor