looking at a 1 inch drop

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I've got a lot on my list today but I'll try to come back around to this tonight. I watched the video and totally understand how that whole thing would just scrape you up, and it's pretty much exactly how I remembered it operating. Hopefully we can figure something out for ya.
i'm looking at a bunch of things ATM and havent settled on on anything yet just askin questions. right now i'm hindered from some cuz messed up my shoulder 3 wks ago so stuck to home. 1 of the ppl i wanna talk to is the 1 was gonna have rebuild front steering & suspension. but you been insightful, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I've tried to come up with a simple solution but I'm coming up empty. Bending the lever arm wouldn't accomplish much, so I considered a Morse cable. But even if you come up with a functioning design that cable may not even be legal for brakes. I think that getting the linkage out of the way may require sending it through the panel beneath the column, the one with the lap vent. Good news is those panels easy to remove and replace. Bad news is that would mean a redesign of the linkage since it would likely include a new pivot point and/or piece due to the angle of approach being different.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I've tried to come up with a simple solution but I'm coming up empty. Bending the lever arm wouldn't accomplish much, so I considered a Morse cable. But even if you come up with a functioning design that cable may not even be legal for brakes. I think that getting the linkage out of the way may require sending it through the panel beneath the column, the one with the lap vent. Good news is those panels easy to remove and replace. Bad news is that would mean a redesign of the linkage since it would likely include a new pivot point and/or piece due to the angle of approach being different.
yeah that panel is long gone the 2 wouldn't work together. i;ll be lookin at 2 things come spring for that either get a new set of seat covers and take both old seats making 1 complete driver side seat or modifying seat brackets to 1/2" lower some how.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor