403 balancer and flexplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankthecrank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2011
So . . . . I haven't found the answer I'm looking for on the forum, so here goes. I have a 403 long block with no balancer and no flexplate. Assuming the engine is bone stock, can I put on a stock replacement balancer and flexplate and not have any balance issues with the rotating assembly? Or do I need to buy new balancer/flexplate, and then have the whole thing balanced by a machine shop?

fly1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2011
I'd get a new one and have it balanced at the machine shop. Oldsmobile engines cost to much to take shortcuts. If you still have the old balancer and flexplate. You can try matching the weights in the correct place. But just do it right cause a out if balance engine will feel funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor