442 rallies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWA

Greasemonkey
May 4, 2009
MCDonough,GA
Does anybody know it they sell aftermarket g body cutlass chrome 442 rallies? Size 15 or bigger?

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
I think wheel vintiques stopped producing the repro wheels. G body parts also doesn't carry the reman wheels anymore. I don't understand why these wheels have been discontinued maybe lack of cores or demand? I know 14 or 15" the centers are the same, its just the outer rim that's different.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
You can skip the middle man and send your centers to be fitted to new barrels, that's all the aftermarket vendors did except they ****ed up the BS, didn't provide a full weld (unsafe IMO), barrel design was a little off and the chrome was subpar generating returns thus the demand for them most likely disappeared... that's my take.
Also, most likely with the aftermarket rims available they weren't selling as much given the popularity of sticking wagon wheels on these cars.
Most seeking factory style rims are purists and like to stick to factory issued rims.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Is there even anyone around that will put new barrels onto centers? I have been trying to find a place for a year now. I have a set of 15's, centers look great, barrels are rusty... So I have 14's on the 442 now.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
What are the prices for those US wheels? I came up empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor