442 SE??? For Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
is this this legit? ive never heard of an SE?

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/2889851426.html

photo5-3.jpg

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
as was yenko, and we can see how that went for them.

as skeptical as i typically am, it seems unusually legit

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Blake442 said:
That's just a regular Cutlass.
Looks like a dealer (probably when new) just sprayed the lower silver and threw some stripes on it...

actually good point, i didnt pay too much attention to the lack of a dual snorkel aircleaner and it has the side door trim on the car as well. looks like thats what happened

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
Blake442 said:
Looks like a dealer (probably when new) just sprayed the lower silver and threw some stripes on it...

Yep Yep....Look at those shiny chrome UnPainted Bumpers!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Peter said:
Blake442 said:

actually good point, i didnt pay too much attention to the lack of a dual snorkel aircleaner and it has the side door trim on the car as well. looks like thats what happened

Side door trim was optional on the 442.
The give-aways are the air cleaner like you mentioned, the chrome bumpers, no gold rallyes, the trunk lock bezel, and no '87 only silver dash trim.
Definately a very nice Cutlass, but it's not a real 442.

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
After a 2nd look, it also does not have the dual snorkel air cleaner...the pics also dont show the upper door panels for a 442 logo or a good shot of the 85mph speedometer that I'm sure it has instead of the correct 120mph... the dash inserts are not grey/silver like an 87 442 would have & I think this may be an 87 salon, if its really an 87, because the 87 supreme which was the base model for the 442 had a different style of door panel, I believe....I'm sure it doesn't have the 8.5" or a kzf transmission either....someone is gonna overpay for a clean cutlass....

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Blake442 said:
Peter said:
Blake442 said:

Side door trim was optional on the 442.
The give-aways are the air cleaner like you mentioned, the chrome bumpers, no gold rallyes, the trunk lock bezel, and no '87 only silver dash trim.
Definately a very nice Cutlass, but it's not a real 442.
I think those trunk lock bezels were usually added-on by the dealers. My 1985 442 came new with it, as well as dealer added side-belt molding (I think that's what it's called).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor