7.625 rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

84MadneSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2009
im thinking about welding the spider gears in the rear end to make it a full time posi, im running a 350 making around 300 hp and im also running a th350 with a b&m shift kit to say the least it shifts really hard and im wondering if the rear end will hold together at least for the weekend at the drag strip :twisted:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
:lol:

Just need it for the weekend huh :lol:

Are you running slicks or street tires/drag radials :?: If you are just running a street tire (as long as you weld it up good) it should last a couple of passes :mrgreen:

84MadneSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2009
probably just street tires, i have a set of 10.5x28 mickeys but im not going to mount them just for a weekend, the cops already have a hard on for my car :blam: that would just be another excuse to pull me over im wondering if i do weld it up and it holds together how would street driving be :?:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
84MadneSS said:
how would street driving be :?:

Not so great. It won't be able to take turns very well with both axles welded together. With both wheels stuck spinning at the same speed as each other you'll probably have excessive tire wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor