78 Column wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Needing some assistance with the wiring on this column my old man got for my cutlass as a gift, the column is from a 78-81 Cutlass. I installed the column in the 83 bolted up fine installed plugged all the wires, but my issues lie with no high beams, no reverse, & only 3 blinkers. These were all things that worked prior to the 78 column. The one blinker is my driver side rear that doesn't pulse so I have to manually move the lever to do so.

What I would like to get help is how to rewire the column to work with the 83.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
I have the old column but from my research the 78-81 column switches are different.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
U might have to take both columns apart and switch the internal turn signal switches over. also the turn signal lever.

Is there a reason why u switched columns? Like did u switch to a floor mount shifter?

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
The rod that attaches to the steering tubular broke l, plus it aas loose as sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor