78 Cutlass/Nova Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam2fast4u86

Greasemonkey
Jan 8, 2009
SE Ohio
pencero said:
I think this is Stupid and second of all it should be illegal. You are making your cars unsafe and taking off the 1 piece of the car your life will come down to in a crash. Obviously we don't have airbags in our cars so why would you guys think it's ok to have a bumper with less strength than the one on a ford focus? I hope you don't plan on lettings kids ride in the car after taking your bumpers off....

I edited my post to capitalize Stupid
So all the old coupes with fiberglass bodies and no bumpers should be illegal too? He could put a fiberglass bumper on with a steel reinforcement behind it that will hold up better than what came from the factory.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Don't you love trollers like that.

In any case, did you put the malibu bumper on yet? I plan on doing something similar to my Buick wagon with an Old front clip. Maybe using the malibu bumper.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What a tool... :roll: If you want a safe "family" car, buy a Volvo..or a newer econobox with airbags.

I'd be curious to see how the Malibu bumper would work on the Cutlass. They don't seem as massive as the Olds unit.

clintlamberth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2012
Houston
I just got around to this project. Recently installed a set of American Racing headers and built a 3" exhaust system. Lots of fun from your back. Also finished up the interior.

I got the stock bumper off and discovered its a two piece bumper. Its split horizontally where the black rubber strip runs and is bolted together. I think this is going to make sectioning it a little tougher.

Im going to send you a PM on the stock bumpers if your still interested, although shipping might get pricey.

So, I have contacted VFN and Glasstech to try and get the dimentions of the Nova/Malibu bumper and they dont seem to want to send the info. I have also posted in that section of the forum and no one is answering. If anyone has this style bumper and can give me the overall length and width I would appreciate it. As long as they are wider than the header it should work and tuck up really nice.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I am still on the fence with getting that bumper. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor