78 grand prix build/LS swap - IRAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
i did it finally ... topic about my gp and projects that i do on it, 78 dark brown gp with stock power sunroof/vinyl top/floorshifter and all of another power options on.(i got all trims from a hardtop 78 gp so i am removing vinyl)

i had several different engines and transmissions on this car before >> pontiac301-400/chevy350-thm350/200r4

i was researching about ls engines swap for long time and now i feel got enough basic info about ls swap on gbody cars .. while i was looking for good engine to start the project bought a 1991 4L80e with low mileage + 8.5 before 72 abody rear end and all parts for rear disc brake swap from 1980 caddy seville.

latest update - removed front clip/old engine+transmission and car is under paint job i am buying a 6.2L L92 2008 engine complete

i 'll post pics/videos of car/parts soon
17062013095.JPG

09122012066.JPG

14122012067.JPG

dirty interior :D

Last edited:

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Right on man cant wait to see those pics!!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
looking good! how is that 72 8.5 gonna fit?

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
jacobdavis1979 said:
Right on man cant wait to see those pics!!

85GPLef41 said:
looking good! how is that 72 8.5 gonna fit?

thanks,

as u know 64-72 abody rear ends got nearest dimensions to stock gbody rearend ...gbody rear end = 58" abody = 60" so wheels will be 1.25" outter each side that should not be problem because i didnt picked the new wheels yet so i 'll go or more backspce on new wheels, UCA ears angle are different to stock gbody rear end so i can use UMI abody rear end swap UCAs >> http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index ... 2o7v2cqkf2

no problem about spring perchs or LCA angle or locations

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Wow thats so cool. A brown g bod. In Iran. Are you really located in the middle east Iran? Sweet ride by the way.

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
Blake442 said:
Very cool!
Looks like you have a pretty nice car to start with... saves lots of work! :banana:

no rust on frame or body but i was not happy with that previous paint as u seen on first post picture so gp is under paint job now and i removed the vinyl top ... so will be a hardtop gp soon , u said "saves lots of works" :D but i am warming up with body bushing replacement and 8.5 rear end +rear disc brake swap for now before ls engine swap story...

theoldsone said:
Wow thats so cool. A brown g bod. In Iran. Are you really located in the middle east Iran? Sweet ride by the way.

sure Iran from milky way galaxy :D and thanks for your kind words .

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
the upper picture is 73-77 A body 8.5 rear end and lower one is 7.5" Gbody rearend

need adjustable upper control arms for doing this rear end swap ...spring perches,lower and upper control arms are in same location and angle as stock gbody rear ends... i am buying new bushings for control arms + a set of adjustable UCAs

this 73-77 abody axle (i guess from 73-75 chevelle laguna) housing width is 61" ,so i need more 2" on wheels backspace.

easy bolt on disc brake swap, need to clean those calipers before install

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
so i sent that 73-77 abody rear end back to junkyard , again i was looking for a pre73 abody rear end .. then i found this 12 bolt olds rear end with 8.5" ring gear and now i know all inner part are useless because i need posi + better gear ratio

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor