78 malibu f41????

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfgassed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 29, 2014
My buddy has a 78 malibu that I've always liked. He's talking about selling it, and he has me thinking evil thoughts about dumping my monte carlo project for it instead. The car is a factory 4 speed car, but what stumps me is the F41 badge on the dash. Every malibu I've seen has "malibu" or "malibu classic" emblems on the dash, What the hell does a F41 malibu mean? I get that F41 is a suspension package, but I've never seen it badged on the dash........or have I just never seen enough malibus to know any better.
Any insight would be appreciated

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Do you have a pic? I've had a few malibus and have seen many and never seen any other badging other than malibu or malibu classic on the dash. I have been searching everywhere and can't find anything but it doesn't mean it isn't true or maybe it is :D

It would be interesting if in fact there was an optional f41 badge.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Only dash emblem that I have seen is the M80 emblem other than the Malibu or Malibu Classic. Doubt if there is a factory F41 emblem.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
This almost sounds like the story of the fabled/ elusive Malibu aluminum hood. I can't say that I've ever seen the F41 badge on the dash of a Malibu before, but again, anything is possible.
It may have been a body badge that was affixed to the dash.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've never seen it on a Malibu but I did have an early Cavalier wagon ('84) that had F41 badging on the rear decklid and on the dash. Seemed like an odd platform to have an F41 package, let alone badges to flaunt it. I should have saved them when I scrapped the car.

halfgassed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 29, 2014
appears as a factory emblem, has studs and retainers holding through the dash
2i1mmxl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor