'80 Lemans Tear Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
doesn't progress feel good. even if slow. like the way you suport the shell for access.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Got the inside of the floor coated with POR today. Need to epoxy prime everything else now. Slow progress...
IMG_2125.JPG IMG_2124.JPG IMG_2126.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Another little addition. Bought this a couple years ago and figured I should actually put it on...
IMG_2138.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Piece by piece. I bought the UMI anti-roll (drag bar) bar about 3 years ago. Finally installed it today. Another step closer to dropping the body shell back on the frame...
IMG_2141.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Very nice! The question I have (pardon my ignorance) is why are your upper control arms mounted on vertical extenders? Is this for a reason or is it how they were sold? Thanks,

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Very nice! The question I have (pardon my ignorance) is why are your upper control arms mounted on vertical extenders? Is this for a reason or is it how they were sold? Thanks,
I think you are asking about the "no-hop" bars. They are used to correct the factory geometry of the control arms. They help the rear end plant downward at launch instead of trying to hop up and bounce. I can't explain it completely. There's theory behind it, angles, triangulation and stuff... They worked on my old GTO so I figured it couldn't hurt to throw them on this too.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
So the "no-hop" bars are what connects the 3rd member housing to the upper control arm? They basically lift the UCA in the vertical plane...

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Yes,

They attach to the center of the rear end housing and move the mounting point of the upper control arms upward. Changing their angle improves the reaction of the chassis under hard acceleration.
IMG_2145.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor