81-88 Monte Carlo picture thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
BTW- nice ride Bowie! :wink: any plans with the burgandy Monte?

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Bought my first Monte Carlo back in February! I was looking for one of these cars for over a year and finally came across one that looked just right for me! She is a 1986 Monte Carlo Sport Coupe! As you can see the interior is completely spotless which i loved ! :) But this car does require some work. There are minor little holes in both driver floor pan and backseat floor pan on drivers side. The passenger frame rail is starting to go but can hole for some more years. Someone ran the carb with no fuel filter in it so the carb runs like crap. Some stuff ive fixed so far is done an enitre overhaul to the engine with a full tune up new hoses belts thermostat etc.... Fixed the power trunk release that never worked before. Got a new glove box connector because the old one was broken and the guy decided to just use a cd case to make sure it didnt fall over -_-. Hopefully today i can install my new gaskets for the flange on the header to get rid of this exahust leak, and then install my new battery cables since the old ones are broken, fun :)

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,103
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,264

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Nice rides guys keep them coming i like looking at Monte's lol .

viperedvette said:
BTW- nice ride Bowie! :wink: any plans with the burgandy Monte?

Hmmm right now i just wanna do a complete overhaul on the Monte's engine . New hoses vac and coolant , flush the radiator ,flush the trans and put a new filter in it ,new fluid in the rear end and paint the cover maroon like the car . Wanna put in my open element air cleaner and take the valve covers off put new gaskets. but im thinking of painting the air cleaner and valve covers maroon to almost match the car .

Clanceman427

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2010
West Chester, PA
Hi everyone, I have an 83 Monte that I built a drag car out of. Nowadays I am planning on converting it back to the street for some nice weather fun, I've raced it on and off for 10 years now and want to make a fun street car out of it. I bought a Viper 6 speed that I plan to install, and convert the 427 motor to E85 so that I can keep the high compresssion motor as-is. Here are some pics, the 2 at the track are somewhat dated, from 8 or so years ago, but the last 2 are pics of my recent exhaust work. It's the Pypes 3" SS tailpipes that I modified to have a 45 degree turn down at the rear. The tailpipe ends at the bumper, not further beyond (pics may be deceiving). I like the turn down look of the exhaust. I'm on my way back to the street, it's exciting and fun to reinvent my Monte again!

Kevin

Attachments

• normal_DSC00002.jpg
    normal_DSC00002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 4,049
  • normal_DSC00007.jpg
    normal_DSC00007.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4,041
  • 2012-05-12_18-05-57_510.jpg
    2012-05-12_18-05-57_510.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4,052
  • 2012-05-12_18-06-16_849.jpg
    2012-05-12_18-06-16_849.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 4,051

preciador6

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2012
California
This is my 1988 MC on 24" rims 305 motor jet black paint 2 tone leather interior.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 3,068
Reactions: 1 user

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
WOW!!!! :shock: How did you fit those rims in there? very nice, and very unique.

preciador6

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2012
California
viperedvette said:
WOW!!!! :shock: How did you fit those rims in there? very nice, and very unique.
Thanks bro.. they fit right on when you get them custom made.

Flannery

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 23, 2010
Regina, SK
Oh! I remember seeing this and the other on one of the classifieds sites. I was tempted to get that one too. I think the other one is sitting in a lot out by the Leader post building. I might have some extra parts laying around if you need something... really depending on what it is :p

Rasheerh

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2007
Cincinnati, oh
preciador6 said:
viperedvette said:
Thanks bro.. they fit right on when you get them custom made.

how wide are those rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor