82 Regal 3.8L Turbo makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Re: 82 Regal 3.8L Turbo Build

wow, alot of difference in a short amount of time! looks good so far. yous may just change my mind on painting the bumpers and trimwork that I'm keeping on mine! :wink:

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
Re: 82 Regal 3.8L Turbo Build

1evilregal said:
wow, alot of difference in a short amount of time! looks good so far. yous may just change my mind on painting the bumpers and trimwork that I'm keeping on mine! :wink:

Thanks!! :D It was very easy!.....I scuffed everything up and removed the headlight bezels and taped off the rest, wiped them down with paint thinner and used tremclad gloss black rattle can. that stuff is very durable!

I was tired of seeing the corners off my hood flapping away in the wind while driving at highway speeds so I put a set of hood pins on (much better) I also replaced the lead o-ring gaskets between the headers and the exhaust pipe. There was a little leakage from the last guy not taking his time and lining the gasket up before tightening it. It is much quieter and can hear the engine better and not exhaust leakage! :roll: .....I also cleaned up the bottom front air spoiler and painted it. I had a quick look for window tint but they were sold out. I still plan on tinting the back windows and removing the header emblem. Here is a shot with the hood pins and spoiler.

normal_regal_005.JPG

normal_regal_004.JPG

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
I sent the boy under the grill and had him remove the hood ornament :D , then I degreased and cleaned up the engine bay from when the 3.8L that was in there went :puke: . Not happy with the hole in the hood from the lack of hood ornament but thats only temperary. Taking off the side molding and pinstripping next. :wink:

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
its the small bolt pattern, that's all I know. your regal also has a rare console.

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
Evan's 85 said:
its the small bolt pattern, that's all I know. your regal also has a rare console.

rare consul? really? what did they usually look like? Thanks for the info. :wink:

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
What does the horn button look like in an 82 Regal 3.8L Turbo??? This is what I have now.....and yes it actually works if you push the red wire in!! LOL :lol:

steering_wheel.JPG

.....also what is missing here? It looks factory made.....any ideas? Thanks

regal_004.jpg

here is a picture of the engine compartment all cleaned up. It was a lot of work but worth it! :D

regal_002~1.jpg

and here is the most recent pics of the car without the hood ornament. (still haven't tinted the windows yet :( )

nohoodornament.JPG

regal_005~0.jpg

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
Awesome!!!!! I will buy it!!.......and we live really close too! :D P.M me your address and I will send you the moola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor