84 Cutlass - factory OD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Did the 84 Cutlass Supreme come with OD from the factory?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
AFAIK it was an available option from 85 and up and I dont recall seeing any 84 or older Gbody with the OD unless it was swapped in later.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
MX0 was available as an option with any diesel variation or gas V8 powertrain in 1984 according to dealer ordering information. However, in the beginning of the model year, there was a "shortage" of V8 gas engines so they kept them for the big cars and H/O only for a while, so you may not see that many 4-speed autos out there.

CutlassJ

Greasemonkey
Oct 30, 2008
Northwest Suburbs IL
My 84 had one it was if you let off the gas at highway speed and just gave it alittle gas it would like shift in to a different gear kinda. The rpms got lower of course. the owners maual talked about it as well. ill have to look and if i can find the manual. I was not listed on the gear shift at all. I miss that car bad.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
CutlassJ said:
My 84 had one it was if you let off the gas at highway speed and just gave it alittle gas it would like shift in to a different gear kinda. The rpms got lower of course. the owners maual talked about it as well. ill have to look and if i can find the manual. I was not listed on the gear shift at all. I miss that car bad.

that sounds like the 350c lockup trans.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
I have an 84 Cutlass and it is showing an OD D 2 1 on the shift indicator. It is all original. Gauge and tach package, factory posi. So its a heavily optioned car I think??

So I don't think that is a 350 lockup.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
I had a 84 Supreme V6 that was that way. All factory, had the services records and everything for it from the local dealer when i bought it from the original owner. I noticed as well that it too shifted a few more times than i normally was used too. I could feel it shift the normal 2 times from 0-45. after 50 if you really paid attention to seat you could feel a couple more "bumps" i noticed it in the tach as well and the mpg, versus my 85 v6 at the time. Found out before i sold it that it had a 200 metric that was rebuilt according to the service records but had never been replaced. My 85 had that th350 with the lock-up and from my 84 to my 85, the 84 felt like it shifted 4 times from drive. the 85 i felt 3 and neither car had a transmission replacement.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Tony_SS said:
I have an 84 Cutlass and it is showing an OD D 2 1 on the shift indicator. It is all original.

Well you just answered your own question didn't you?

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
my 84 H/O has an overdrive. the wimpy little 2004r in it from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor